Foot Peg mount interchangability.

drgonzo

XS650 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Are the foot peg mounts interchangeable across all models? Seems I tried to put some on a standard from a special and they wouldn't go. That was a long time ago so my memory could be a little sketchy. I am talking about the arm that mounds to the frame on two studs on each side.

Last edited:
I recall reading that the early pegs were different. Just looked on Partzilla and it looks like the change was in 73 to 74. 70 to 73 are the same and 74 on are the same, at least according to Partzilla... and that sticks in my mind as being correct.

I might have a 72 peg set. I'll have a look if you're interested?

Off a '71 XS1B. Foot rubbers are shot but both are straight.
20 bucks plus shipping sound fair?

PXL_20211102_171000523.jpg

I recall reading that the early pegs were different. Just looked on Partzilla and it looks like the change was in 73 to 74. 70 to 73 are the same and 74 on are the same, at least according to Partzilla... and that sticks in my mind as being correct.
I tried to fit an early set that does not fit my Special, just to add confirmation.

I threw a set of chrome Specials on my '77, yeah, they went on but wouldn't tighten up, had some play for some reason. I re-installed the blackies and put the issue in the tomorrow file.

Back