Wanted - FORK TUBES

FranksForks.com they are moving right now but re-opening soon......

tim

Sounds like we can stick a "fork" in Frank.......

tim

upload_2021-6-1_7-53-46.png

If this is the new location it's no more than 15 minutes away from me. This could be a win.

Finding the place is the trick in the short term. The listed phone number is a landline in Evanston, IL. No help there.
There was some meat somewhere awhile's back; Frank's had long been run by his widow. I bought some tubes from them 8-10 years ago and she was hinting then she wanted out. So the short version is an employee was the "move restart" guy. I suspect with no proof the covid induced supply disruptions are at least "one problem", you gotta figger the tubing is sourced from China. If there's any "post machining operation" chroming that's another tough hurdle, you can't just open a chrome plating shop these days.
:twocents: I'd guess it's not going to happen. eventually an entirely Asian based company will do the deed? :shrug:

upload_2021-6-1_9-15-31.png

This is the address. It's mostly residential around there. I won't be going down that long driveway and knocking on the door. The Evanston, IL phone number shows as belonging to an 80 yo woman. The widow?

I`m going to look at this tomorrow. I`m sure those are 35mm tubes. I`ll take calipers with me to measure. Can`t tell from the pics but they don`t look rusty or bent. We`ll see. Their nothing I want for myself.:yikes:
198108667_2827933940788880_6313654479526602179_n.jpg

AF8563CD-77A7-488A-AB6E-BC5209E3A5E1.jpeg

This is the new Frank’s Forks location. There’s a chopper on the mailbox (lousy photo). There’s a sign with the truck weight limit. Otherwise, it isn’t identified as a business. The only building seen from the road looks like it’s a residence, but not much is visible.

Back