Forum limits on attachments?

Uh, sorry, not 'tab'. In 'control panel', at the bottom of the left menu is 'attachments'. It allows you to manage attachments, those mini-pics, pdf's and such, in postings.

I use attachments rather than full-size pics to minimize page load time, for those of us in the remote, bandwidth restricted wilderness.

Finally, found it! I have about the same attachment stats. Wonder where 5twins is at? But I think he tends to use photobucket or some such.

I looked into using photobucket. I'm sure it works well for most folks, but it acts strangely for me. Sometimes net-timeouts, sometimes enters the app instead of showing the pic, sometimes floods me with advertising, sometimes crashes my tablet from reported 'trojans'...

If you run into some kind of limit, let me know and I'll find it in the software and change it.

DADDYGCYCLES has everyone beat at 1,039 attachments and 178.80 MB :)

I can't post a quick 7 second vid. What's the trick...

I'm on either a smartphone or tablet, so can't do the proper point/select/click routines of the PC.

What I've done is to do a 'quoted' reply to a post that has one of these imbedded tricks. The 'post reply' edit screen comes up, revealing the forum language syntax to do a particular trick, like having a youtube namecode surrounded by the bracketed YOUTUBE commands.

You can borrow (select/copy/paste) the desired part(s) of the text, and paste them in somewhere. Then, edit the name of the video to suit, and do a 'preview post' to see if it works...

So if i take a video from my phone, do i have to post it on youtube to get it to work on here? If i just try to link it from my computer is says invalid file or the file is too big.

That's what I've had to do. Created a youtube account, uploaded a video, use that namecode for the "youtube" command. Your smartphone is not a website, so it can't host your vids...

It's not the phones fault, it's just that we don't host videos. We don't have the software or bandwidth ($$$) to stream it to the world. Youtube and Vimeo both do and do it well.

It's not the phones fault, it's just that we don't host videos. We don't have the software or bandwidth ($$$) to stream it to the world. Youtube and Vimeo both do and do it well.

I know it's not the phones fault. Technology is taking over and my brain doesn't have the "bandwidth". Lol

Back