For Sale - "Freedom Or Death" - XS650 By BikerMetric

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

I no longer have anything from this bike, it sold as a complete basket case. So no more PM's asking about details, specs, if you can buy the front axle nut, etc.. :laugh::laugh:

I have this bike, as a complete basket case... There is a TON of stuff going on with this bike that makes it really cool. It needs some reassembly, tidying up and likely some fabrication to make it proper. Engine is included (not shown) and has 150psi in both cylinders. Rebuilt Carbs, new Avon Tires (dual 21's) and mostly all new parts as this bike had very low miles on it.

934863_10200722177872871_868615248_n.jpg

I am busy revamping my shop after the flood, and will be selling off a few projects and bikes. This particular bike has a TON of information out there about it. Google will save you a ton of time and help you answer any questions you may have.

NO, I do not have the time to reassemble it for you. But I'll gladly help you load it up - haha... Just too many things happening at the shop right now and need to make some room..

http://www.xs650chopper.com/2010/06/freedom-or-death-machine/

I know this bike has a very colorful history, and I would love to see it come back to life, it just isn't in the cards for me at this time... $2700 OBO with Title In Hand

Last edited:
if i had that kind of cash to put towards a project i would snag it up. if you part it ill take the wheels and tank.

if i was anywhere near you id make you a deal..... but of course if i was near you i would have come to your shop and met you too..... and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

Since you being hard headed guess you don't want to sell it.

I guess thats fine with me :laugh: If you don't see this as "project" then this probably isn't for you. Projects often require vision.

But, we mocked it up kinda as well.. Engine is included but not pictured, as is brass fenders, carbs, lots of small parts, etc..

3Kd3I73N55G75Ka5H3d5g4d6786db72e110c9.jpg

3E53Nb3Hf5G55Fa5J9d5g8097b5d9ea061200.jpg

3Ff3Nb3H65Lc5Gc5M6d5d902bd4d2f5201d40.jpg

I wish I had the money and way to get it hugh, if for no other reason then in your blog you said something about having a fairly famous frame come in and you would not say what it was, I have a feeling this bike is it and I would love to see the "craftsmanship" in person of a famous bike

that and derake it to give it acceptable trail numbers and throw a springer fabricated from plate. slim the tanks in the back some so they are no so squareish... i'd also probably top mount the tanks with some brass acorn or knurled or wing nuts.... oh ya I can see it....probably ditch that headlight, i'd find something to put it on but probably not this one... unless it worked with the springer... ya badass man someone needs to buy this and do it up right. fix the things that were wrong with the first incarnation and ride it

Say I have no vision for what could be. Ha you gotta be French showing half and expect someone to buy on faith. I still wanna see what condition the engine is. So far the tires are worth more than the frame. And you ask 2700 for rust. Don't even show the engine so far all I see I would be paying for is wheels frame tank forks and rust.

I wish I had the money and way to get it hugh, if for no other reason then in your blog you said something about having a fairly famous frame come in and you would not say what it was, I have a feeling this bike is it and I would love to see the "craftsmanship" in person of a famous bike

The "craftsmanship" was on par with a low budget garage build, but it honestly was not up to HHB quality in any aspect sadly... And knowing that it could potentially have my name on it if I rebuilt it, I decided to just part ways with it...

that and derake it to give it acceptable trail numbers and throw a springer fabricated from plate. slim the tanks in the back some so they are no so squareish... i'd also probably top mount the tanks with some brass acorn or knurled or wing nuts.... oh ya I can see it....probably ditch that headlight, i'd find something to put it on but probably not this one... unless it worked with the springer... ya badass man someone needs to buy this and do it up right. fix the things that were wrong with the first incarnation and ride it

See, you get it... :thumbsup:

Say I have no vision for what could be. Ha you gotta be French showing half and expect someone to buy on faith. I still wanna see what condition the engine is. So far the tires are worth more than the frame. And you ask 2700 for rust. Don't even show the engine so far all I see I would be paying for is wheels frame tank forks and rust.

This guy doesn't get it :laugh::laugh:

@Hugh, why was this bike torn down?

I'm not 100% sure as to why it was torn down. Who know why people do the things they do. I know it had some issues with tanks leaking, rusty inside, etc... The mechanicals all seemed to be in good shape though.

BUT, I can now say that this machine has been SOLD - and the feller that picked it up seems to have a solid plan for redefining the machine into something fresh and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it come into shape. :thumbsup::bike:

Back