Fresh paint

The white is hok and the black is one shot I did not use hardener on the one shot but I did let dry for a day or two before I clear over

What type of setup are you referring to? I use a harbor freight gun and a sword striping brush from the paint Store and a couple detail brushes from the hobby store

nice! i would love to do a lace on my tank. Ive tried to figure it out, but the lines dont stay sharp enuf. ide love to do a full roof lace on my 67 fairlane.
nothin wrong with HF guns. A friend of mine used one on his 96 rf900, glass smooth, and he is an amature.
He said the trick to those guns, the bigger of the small detail guns, is to take it all apart, get all that hf lube outta threr, and reassemble with vasaline, and stretch the trigger spring for more tension for less dribble.
im getting a 60 gallon comp this weekend so i can learn to paint.

2012-05-14131755.jpg

Another lace i did

Oh thanks, I was just looking at your latest build you know where I'm from if you lose that speedo you get to go AS FAST AS YOU WANT!! Only joking the bike looks good

Is that a kandy on the green parts? Nice marbleizing, as soon as I get my garage setup I'll start doing paint work outa it. Boss says no more side jobs through the shop.

Edit: can't tell if that's marbleizing or just sprayed over lace.

Last edited:
Yes the green set is a hot hs candy green over lace the orange set has both lace (on top) and marble pattern (on sthe sides/bottom)

By setup I mostly meant compressor, dryer, airbrush and gun. I've had good luck with the HF gun I have when using it for primer but the comp. I was using had moisture issues. Right now, after finally replacing some of my stolen striping kit, I think I'm going to shell for a fresh gun and give it another shot.

how do you keep the details of the lace? do you do alot of light coats? like fogging it? My attemp at lace made it stick to the metal. Do you tape it down? Somehow stand it off of the metal?
Ive tried breifly to find good real lace, but all I could find was doilies. I tried that plastic lace used for tables. no good.

Just thought I'd stop by n post some pics of the last couple a paint jobs I did. What do you guys think? Would you put them on your bike? What would you prefer? I pinstriped the white flowers and the black Lin es by hand. Oh ya I do this in my garage with hf guns.. <
20121107_180224.jpg
20121107_180202.jpg
20121107_180210.jpg
20121107_180217.jpg
..............................the red looks super!!!!!!!!! regards oldbiker

P.s. I'm getting an itch to shoot some paint any body interested I'm willing to drop the price on paint

We are going to chat around tax return time

By setup I mostly meant compressor, dryer, airbrush and gun. I've had good luck with the HF gun I have when using it for primer but the comp. I was using had moisture issues. Right now, after finally replacing some of my stolen striping kit, I think I'm going to shell for a fresh gun and give it another shot.

Of u are having moisture issues u need to run a desiccant filter on UR gun to keep oil and water our of u paint

Back