front brake bleeder

Luckydog

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant seem to tighten the bleeder tight enough, every few days there is a slight bit of fluid around the fitting. Any help would be appreciated.

It's also possible the bottom end of the bleed nipple is deformed or buggered up. If the tape doesn't help, replace the bleed nipple. I've never had to add sealing tape to one. A good nipple should seal fine on its own.

The bleeder and the seat could be a bit rusty. Pull the bleeder and look, polish it up with steel wool. To polish the seat make steel wool Q-Tip. Peal the cotton of a Q-tip and wrap steel wool around the Q-tip. Use this to polish the seat.
Leo

Xs Leo is correct at least with my leaky bled set! I had to pull it out clean with steel wool actuall I think I use 1000 sandpaper n put it back in n hasn't wakes since!

I cant seem to tighten the bleeder tight enough, every few days there is a slight bit of fluid around the fitting. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi 'dog,
me too with "toss 'em, they're buggered up"
The bleeders on my son's '80 would NOT seal "no matter how hard he tightened them."
Turns out he'd reefed on 'em hard enough to crush their nose cones out of shape.
The good news is that bleed nipples for a GM car will work and that Canadian Tire is open on Sundays.

Back