FRONT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER LEVER RESERVOIR

Frankyboy

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Does any one know were I might get a FRONT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER LEVER RESERVOIR for a 650 us custom special 1981 see pic
thanks
franky boy

Attachments

• IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 111
I doubt you will find a brand new one. A lot of us rebuild ours. Some buy aftermarket replacements of 10 or 11 mm bore size. These vastly improve the braking power and feel.
Some buy after market ones that have the same bore size but look a bit different.
Depending on just what your plans are. restoration, custom or just a daily driver can effect your decision.
Leo

Hi Frankyboy,
what Leo said.
Also, if your stock M/C is rebuildable, consider adding the leftside caliper & brake disk.
Although the stock M/C's piston has twice the area it needs to work a single caliper it's perfect for dual disks.
Best you toss those time-expired fabric-reinforced stock brake hoses and replace them with stainless hoses whichever caliper decision you make.

Those master cylinders are regularly on Ebay, but will require refurbishing with a kit. The kits in the UK cost about £20.

Those master cylinders are regularly coming up on Ebay but need to be refurbished. The Kit costs about £22 in the UK but under the reservoir there is a large square cross-section o-ring that is generally no longer available so you must treat it carefully. I have seen the o-ring for sale on ocassions but seem very rare.

Maybe it is cracked or sun faded dry flaking? He did ask about the resevoir not the m/c.
OP the rears are easy to find. And the front tops come up, in ten years I only remember one NOS resevior on e-bay.

Back