front brake pics please

Here is a shot of the early style brake set up. This is from a 72 which is slightly different but no big deal as far what you need see. My take is that you want to go to the 35mm 77 and later fork tubes I am not too keen on those home brew aluminum spacers keeping your bike off the ground.

View attachment 6989

Picture in honor of littlebill

aluminum spacers?

Up at the triples; you said the PO had aluminum spacers between the fork tube and the triple clamp. They were there because you have a triple designed for 35mm fork tubes and the PO stuck in a pair of 34mm fork tubes. He couldn't tighten the triple far enough to hold the smaller tubes and stuck aluminum spacers in it so he could get the tubes to stay put. Not so great.

Up at the triples; you said the PO had aluminum spacers between the fork tube and the triple clamp. They were there because you have a triple designed for 35mm fork tubes and the PO stuck in a pair of 34mm fork tubes. He couldn't tighten the triple far enough to hold the smaller tubes and stuck aluminum spacers in it so he could get the tubes to stay put. Not so great.

oh ya, i was wondering about those aluminum spacers .... we'll see what ill do , money is a big issue but safety first right?

Back