front drum plugs

mynameismudd

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
can someone point me in the direction to find replacement plugs for a front brake hub on a 71 xs1B....maybe i'''m searching the wrong keyword or something.......thanks a million guys

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 151
Hey, mudd. Someone, somewhere in here, posted about finding suitable substitutes, maybe 4-5 years ago. Tried to find it, but too many posts with the words rubber, plugs, drum, hub. Pootered-out, maybe some Red-Bull would help...

Hey, mudd. Someone, somewhere in here, posted about finding suitable substitutes, maybe 4-5 years ago. Tried to find it, but too many posts with the words rubber, plugs, drum, hub. Pootered-out, maybe some Red-Bull would help...

thanks brother, did some searching this morning but ended up deciding on just getting aftermarket replacements....just get the sizes and get to hunting

can someone point me in the direction to find replacement plugs for a front brake hub on a 71 xs1B....maybe i'''m searching the wrong keyword or something.......thanks a million guys

Hi 'mudd,
sorry, I dunno where you'd find replacements but perhaps you know whyTF they put 'em there in the first place?
I can see the holes originally being there to help cool the brake until the first test ride in the rain showed that rain-cooled
brake shoes weren't a good idea but they were already stuck with a warehouse full of holey drums so they plugged 'em?
Just like they were with the doubtless super-expensive casting dies for the one 4-bolt valve cover heads?

Back