Front fork news,maybe

nobackhair

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have spent the last few months screwing around w/ how I was going to go about getting forks dialed in by what I could afford. Been on every thread for at least a 1/2 dozen forums getting everyones take on it. Called a few manuf. and spoke to techs like Race Tech, Ikon, SSA, Progressive, and a few more. Spoke w/ Mike from 650Central a few times and I've come to the conclusion he actually think the Mintons Mod (the drilling) is stupid and should only be done if at all when using emulators. Hes been meaning to remove that sheet for awhile. I did quit messing around thinking I could get good results just drilling stock dampers. There is a guy (Donny) in town here that has had a suspension shop for yrs. (RC Suspension) He recently got called to help support class of KTM at Supercross. Anyway he told me I might be able to get some results w/ just the drilling but it will take forever to get it right making the adjustment. he said where you drill was critical. He said he could help me w/ that but I just ended up getting the RT emulators and drilled to their specs. They make it clear not to do any drilling up top for rebound. Oh, the news was about what Mike said.

I like what the Minton Mods did for my forks. They work smoother and ride better now, and the cost sure was nice (nothing).

Back