rebuild and upgrade

funky

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Well its time to rebuild my front forks I have read through the tech on this and see that its possible to get my old ones back into good shape.I will need new fork tubes mine have rust patches on them plus seals springs a total over haul really. it would be nice if i could adjust them once there done ...
Questions... 1 front fork damper valves.. this looks like a good upgrade ..... is it ?
2 which progressive spings to get and which spacers to fit if at all,??
3 are the old forks rebuilt with the upgrades have any adjustment such as rebound as well as the damping adjustment ....or ... is best to leave it to the experts and send the forks away to be done .......
To all the suspension Gods I await your advise and wisdom

All the best funky

If you're going with emulator valves, you do not want progressive springs. Progressive springs are a one size fits all thing. Get straight rate springs from a vendor that know how and will provide you with the proper rate. Progressive springs might improve your stock forks, but I'm not a fan. Emulator valves and progressive springs is mixing technologies. The results are far less than desirable.

Questions... 1 front fork damper valves.. this looks like a good upgrade ..... is it?

Do it right and it will rock your world!

Race-Tech emulators are adjustable, but once dialed in, you leave them alone. Getting the correct springs is very important, and progressive springs with the valves is a huge mistake.

Back