Front Hub Covers

90s Ducatis with a single front disc have a quite nice black plastic cover, held on with 3 bolts. It will fit perfectly on a Yamaha hub, with regards to bolt circle and hole diameter. Not sure about the OD, but it will be close. If building a new wheel, there are other Yamaha models with dedicated single disc hubs, like the XV535 Virago. And the RDs as well, although those may be smaller than XS hubs. At least IMHO, that is even sleeker looking than a nice "beauty cover" . And a bit lighter as well.

Last edited:
Think the guy was looking for the plastic for his 77.......
Chrome piece 74 up to 76 ........ plastic 77-79. ......................TX750
View attachment 133614View attachment 133616View attachment 133617
Quick fleabay search, only came across 2.......hard to find ????

Plastic cover
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1977-19...9:g:3k8AAOSwqRlcLlm0:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Aftermarket alloy cover
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALLOY-T...f:g:KFgAAOSwMpZUn~C2:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Hi Skull,
Can you confirm that only the screw threaded metal hub cover will only fit those particular years..? I’m currently hanging by a thread on eBay for one to fit my ‘77. I may have to stop bidding as it’s a fraction smaller and won’t fit right -like the plastic one does..

Hi Skull,
Can you confirm that only the screw threaded metal hub cover will only fit those particular years..? I’m currently hanging by a thread on eBay for one to fit my ‘77. I may have to stop bidding as it’s a fraction smaller and won’t fit right -like the plastic
one does..

Said item…

Attachments

• IMG_4077.png
    IMG_4077.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Hubs from 73-81 are the same. Don't see any reason why the early 74-76 covers won't fit the later years. TX750 hubs also interchange with the 650, their rotor blank is alloy.

Hubs from 73-81 are the same. Don't see any reason why the early 74-76 covers won't fit the later years. TX750 hubs also interchange with the 650, their rotor blank is alloy.

Thanks mate.
I’ll bear that in mind closer to the end. However I have now found this genuine cover labelled for a xs1b/tx750. It’s a bit pricey so I may message the seller for sale providing I can get a guaranteed fit…

Back