frustrated as hell

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
Ever since i bought this project back in January I've had nothing but problems from the get go. Wrong forks, wrong fork tubes, wrong brakes, just been collecting parts and spending lots of money it feels like really getting old very fast. As some of you know I traded for a sportster tank , not sure even how i'm going to mount it yet. Anyways, I've been painting it, probably have about 20+ hours in it right now, yesterday i drag it out to finish up some shawdow'n on it, oversprayed the black and ruined the whole fkn job! anyways just wanted to rant:banghead:

SJ, I hear you... I really do. There are those on here who can attest to my rants and might have wanted to give up on me like I wanted to give up on the bike. But you know, the sun has a way of coming back up the next morning. Hang in there, mate!

TC

Uhhhhhmmmm. You know, you *may* want to wait until you figure out how you're going to mount the tank *before* you paint it - in case you have to weld attachments to it?

My Harley tank is mounted by shaving off the original cups and drilling/bolting it on. The rear of the tank is bolted thru the frame. I just drilled a couple holes and that's it.

The original cups, on the frame, that the tank went into. There are the 2 rubber discs on the tank and they fit into the cups on the frame to hold the tank. Then the bolt mounted the rear of the tank. That's if your bike still has them on there. This is all original parts.
Real Harley Sportster tanks have 4 mounting brackets on the them. 2 front, 2 rear.

The original cups, on the frame, that the tank went into. There are the 2 rubber discs on the tank and they fit into the cups on the frame to hold the tank. Then the bolt mounted the rear of the tank. That's if your bike still has them on there. This is all original parts.
Real Harley Sportster tanks have 4 mounting brackets on the them. 2 front, 2 rear.

Ill take some pics when i get home..see if we are on the right page

I'm outside right now re-pouring 1-foot diameter concrete piers (18 of'em) under our sunroom because I didn't make them high enough off the ground when I originally built the sunroom (led to water problem)...so, I'm feeling your one-step-forward, two-steps-back frustration.

But, hang in there guy...it'll be a beautiful thing when you're done...and the rough times will be a badge of pride and determination you know you've earned.

Zip Strip on a rag. I then use said rag to wipe off some rain water. Then set said Zip Strip/wet rag onto my Whizzer project. Now I need to repaint the Whizzer.

Restored a Virago for My Nephew. After 2 months on the lift, I was ready to let it down for final test ride. A H-F ratchet strap broke and the bike fell 3 feet to the floor landing on its side.....(I threw away all the Harbor Freight straps, and bought good straps, now always use 4, FOUR straps when I have a bike on the lift) Harbor Freight is JUNK.

Look at the bright side, it was only a Virago, lol. I absolutely hate those bikes.

Look at the bright side, it was only a Virago, lol. I absolutely hate those bikes.

Yeah, at least it wasnt one of MY bikes! I hated that SOB, will never work on another. I nicknamed it "Satans Virago". My Nephew, after all My hard (free) work, sold it to a Guy down the street from Me, and i have to drive by and see it sitting out in the weather ,year round. Sometimes he rides by, in sandals and shorts, no helmet. If I run into Him at the store, He whines that it is hard to start, and sometimes misses. Been sitting outside at least two winters.....:banghead:

Had a real nice day last week so I decided to paint my frame outside. I went out to get it and some f***ing bird shit on it! Luckily the side cover will hide it, but it still pissed me off though.

Back