Fuel "T"

Simple Bob

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Well decided this afternoon to pull off my carbs so I can hook up the fuel Line and fix the choke. After removing the carbs I noticed that the "T" fitting was all jacked up. I looked over the forum under the tech section where pamco pete repaired the original "T", but I'm curious to know if anyone has discovered a better solution to the dreaded "T" problem. Also is there a way to thread the inlet hole with a more permanent fitting. Thanks

I really suggest the way Pete does it. That's the best way I found. I use 1/4 ID, 3/8 OD gas resistent fuel line. They sell a nylon "T" at the local hardware store for like a dollar. I do suggest applying JB Weld where the "T" attaches to the line going to the tank. How Pete has it done.The engine heat loosens the tube and gas will leak.

I took a razor, and cut back the rubber coating about a 1/4 in. Then I got 2 O-rings for each side that fit into the carb hole, and over the T. It should all press together fairly snug. I got the o-rings from my yamaha dealer for free. I have had no troubles with this set-up.
I think Mikes has a repair T for this as well.

Does anybody have a size for the o-rings that go on the ends of the T?

I really suggest the way Pete does it. That's the best way I found. I use 1/4 ID, 3/8 OD gas resistent fuel line. They sell a nylon "T" at the local hardware store for like a dollar. I do suggest applying JB Weld where the "T" attaches to the line going to the tank. How Pete has it done.The engine heat loosens the tube and gas will leak.

I used Neoprene gas line from NAPA which is of higher quality. NAPA actually has their own brand name for it, but I did the "T" fix about 4 years ago and just recently took the carbs apart and there was no leak during that time. The Neoprene had shrunk a bit in the carb inlets, so the fix is probably good for 3 to 4 years.

I went to NAPA, but they only had 1/2 OD gas line in stock at the time. So I went to Advanced Auto and got theirs. Works fine, but I don't like the clear too much. I tried everything before this. The new brass "T" with O-rings from mikesxs failed at the O-rings even after pressing it together and "T" came apart. I like the line insert much better. Nice, tight fit and cheap.

Back