Fuel Tank Swap?

Mollard

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the any common fuel tank swaps for xs's around? I remember seeing one with a GT80 tank maybe? Something with little or no modifications? On which years are these done?

Edit: Maybe we could have a "common swap" thread? Anything, shocks, forks, wheels, seats?

Thanks fellas
Chris

Last edited:
I think it is a 77 tank and I have the 81 xs650. The tank is the square type tank with the knee indents that looks sick on cafe builds. I'll get some pictures up in a couple of days. If I forgot just put a post in this thread.

Best,
Adam

XS750 tank not sure of the year, but they look like this.

DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

Wow!!! I like it! Clean, simple, elegant.

I've been thinking about changing to xs750/850 tank. Which modifications did you have to do?

Don't you use a battery? I thought that the xs couldn't be run without battery...

M

IF you recall from the xs650 tank the rubber pegs are on the gas tank and the female mounts are on the frame. It is the opposite on the xs750. So essentially you need to grind off the female mounts on your frame and put on the rubber mounts so that they can attach to the xs750.

Wow!!! I like it! Clean, simple, elegant.

I've been thinking about changing to xs750/850 tank. Which modifications did you have to do?

Don't you use a battery? I thought that the xs couldn't be run without battery...

M

either the battery is in the tail or he has a PMA swap.

C-Los SD where did you get the seat and cover? Also what did you make the tank rubber knee pads out of? Looks good.
jefft

Thanks, for the seat cover, I just had a local auto upholstery shop stich it for me. The knee pads are called Tech Spec tank pads. You usually see them on sport bikes, but you can buy a bulk sheet of it. I just traced the shape and beveled the edges on the bench grinder and they stick on.

Back