Fuse is blowing

It's basically a grommet and I don't think Mike's carries them. Even new ( I replaced my bucket as the old one was beat to hell), the grommets tend to want to fall out as you put all the wiring through. I'd think you could get away with layers of electrical tape to get rid of the sharp edges on the bucket.

I think we're talking about two different rubber parts here, the headlight bucket grommet and the rubber cover for the headlight plug. Most other bikes have no rubber protection like that at the headlight plug, they just have the plug. Yeah, anything in a headlight bucket is really exposed to the elements, but most of them show not much damage after decades of exposure.

Scott

Couldn't find it on partzilla and I could swear I saw it on mikexs one time that I was on there, I guess i really don't need it.

Slide the grommet over the harness before trying to feed it through the bucket. Can be fiddly to install but better than a rubbed wire earthing out or worse a fused loom and fire.

I bought mine from an auto parts store. Just take the old one in as a guide or measure the size and buy 2 or 3. For a couple of dollars is it worth a new loom or blown fuses 100 miles from home or a fire.

I think we're talking about two different rubber parts here, the headlight bucket grommet and the rubber cover for the headlight plug. Most other bikes have no rubber protection like that at the headlight plug, they just have the plug. Yeah, anything in a headlight bucket is really exposed to the elements, but most of them show not much damage after decades of exposure.

Scott
Ah yes, I was reading on my tablet and just saw headlight bucket and rubber. My bad.

Offering a solution to a problem raised, be it the OP's question or not. Understood the OP was talking about the headlight boot and not the grommet, although i commend you on your ESP.

Off the ignore list when you changed you avatar again.

Back