gap between brembo front caliper and mag

rybeatty

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I upgraded my brakes to brembo caliper and I made the adapter plate myself. I'm getting about 3/16 gap between caliper and the mag. I have yet to ride it and concerns me. everything is locked down tight but I was just wanting to ask others who have done this what the gap is on there's

i've done numerous custom wheel and caliper installs on various builds. 1/8" clearance is plenty- IF you've built and assembled everything correctly: axle, spacers, bearings, true rim, disc tightened down, cotter pin on axle nut, etc...

you no doubt spun it with front wheel off the ground to check during the mod. when you're confident all is good to go on this most critical assembly you can certainly roll it a few feet your garage or driveway to test the brake.

take it easy on your first test run, and if you feel or hear anything unusual when the brake is applied- assume you have a problem, pull over and check it immediately. re-check all related fasteners for the first 100 miles or so.

i've never had a problem, but one mistake with your front end could be your last one.

Back