Garage Builder Connection Site: MotoHinge

SlowMaintenance

'76 XS650 Chopper
Reaction score
Hi guys, you may recognize my name from the build thread I've got going in the garage section. What you may not know about me is that I love learning everything I can about any topic, bikes included. I'm also fairly fluent in website creation.

After starting a build thread here on these awesome forums, I quickly learned one thing. Finding the right person for all the specific jobs that go into building a custom motorcycle can be difficult. Maybe you've found a welder, but you can't locate someone who can bore out your cylinders. Maybe you want to crack open the engine cases but you'd prefer to have someone with you who has done it before. Sure you can pay a shop to do the work, but that's not what building bikes is about!

I'm currently in the developmental phase of a website called MotoHinge which will connect builders based on a few simple categories. Among other things, matches will be based upon where you live, what skills you have and what skills you need to find. Currently, the only bike supported by the program is the XS650, lucky you!

Whether you're installing your first PAMCO and need to learn how to time the engine, or you want to learn how to build a fully custom frame for your next project, chances are there are people in your state who know how to do it.

Unlike dropping your bike off at the shop, this site would allow you to find a builder, agree on a price and learn a thing or two about how the job is done. You'd form close relationships with the builders of your choice, and strengthen your own skills in the process.

The best part about this opportunity is that it's brand new, and you can be among the first to try it out. There's no cost for the services, as my only interest is to help those who struggled the way I did when first beginning my build.

If you'd like to try it out, send an email to MotoHinge@gmail.com with the information below

• Name
  • Email
  • Phone
  • Preferred method of contact
  • Your skill sets
  • Desired/sought skill sets
  • State
  • Town or Zip

For this beta version, I'll just be testing out the matching algorithm to find the most appropriate matches for those who sign up and begin connecting you with builders in your area via email. The actual site should be up and running shortly, with just a few final bugs to work out.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing your feedback!

-Nick

Sounds like a daunting project. Here's a whoops:

Attachments

• MotoHinge-oops.jpg
    MotoHinge-oops.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 270
awesome idea, count me in

Glad to hear it! Shoot me an email with the info listed in the "sign me up" tab and I'll get you into the system.

Might need to give it some time to catch on, so be sure to spread the word to others in your area and encourage them to do the same.

It's a free service, so there's nothing to lose.

Thanks!

Back