Gas cap leaking bad

chopit25

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have a brand new bayonet style gas cap that is just sloshing gas out when it ride. Is there a better cap I can buy? What can I do to seal it better? uploadfromtaptalk1395594104303.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1395594119650.jpg

push the two tangs down . that should make the cap tighter. does the cap feel loos? I use the same cap on a late 60's sporty, I got the cap thru bent bike. 15$ vented. your looks vented too.

push the two tangs down . that should make the cap tighter. does the cap feel loos? I use the same cap on a late 60's sporty, I got the cap thru bent bike. 15$ vented. your looks vented too.

Cool. I was thinking about bending the tabs. I will try that. The cap does feel loose. It is vented and was also like $15. When I twist it on it seems to have some wiggle room.

If there is an nut to adjust the breather, try that. Sometimes the are just sitting on there and need tightening up a tad. Not too much though. Sit it in the sun and if it hisses, its still venting :)

Add another layer to the rubber seal. I might remove the seal there, cut a few layers out of old inner tubes. Try adding one layer under the seal. If it still leaks add another. Keep adding till it don't leak.
Leo

Add another layer to the rubber seal. I might remove the seal there, cut a few layers out of old inner tubes. Try adding one layer under the seal. If it still leaks add another. Keep adding till it don't leak.
Leo

I'll try that. I was thinking about doing that because the rubber seal just moves all over. I've sloshed out more gas than I've burned so far. Lol

Back