GAS-puh!

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I took the modersickel to town to pick up a few fittings to plumb a water separator and a pressure regulator into my new-to-me air compressor.

(Had an opportunity to chat with a State Trooper on the way, but that's another story... :whistle: )

1 - 4oz tube of PTFE pipe dope.
1 - 1/2 inch galvy street ell.
2 - 1/2 inch galvy close nipples.
2 - 3/8 inch galvy close nipples.
2 - Brass 3/8 x 1/4 reducing bushings.

Care to guess what the total came to?

I took the modersickel to town to pick up a few fittings to plumb a water separator and a pressure regulator into my new-to-me air compressor.

(Had an opportunity to chat with a State Trooper on the way, but that's another story... :whistle: )

Too damned much!!!

Including the speeding ticket...
...or jus' the hardware? :whistle:

Including the speeding ticket...
...or jus' the hardware? :whistle:

Didn't get a ticket, and he had me cold. He was coming from the other direction and as soon as he turned on the blues I knew he was looking at me, so I just pulled over and dug out my license and registration while he got turned around.

I haven't had a ticket since about 1985 and that was in SC for not having my headlight burning on my Goldwing (charging system was on the fritz...). I can't remember for sure (been driving for a while now) but I don't think I've EVER had a speeding ticket. I guess he took pity on the old geezer trying to relive his youth.

I suspect another chat with Smokey in, say, the next 6 months or so wouldn't turn out as well.

I haven't had a ticket since about 1985 and that was in SC for not having my headlight burning on my Goldwing (charging system was on the fritz...). I can't remember for sure (been driving for a while now) but I don't think I've EVER had a speeding ticket.
'82, West Texas. On an XS650 on my way back to Fla.
I-20 during the 55mph era..... 69mph.
Middle of the night. He flipped his lights on and I just pulled in behind him... he never even closed his door. The last of 2 speeding tickets I've ever had.

My Veterans tags and marking on my license usually gets me on my way as soon as they check my record and see it’s clean. I’m not saying I get pulled over a lot but on the occasional interaction it’s a trump card.

Back