For Sale - Gas tanks in Tuscon, not mine

They are not mine either...but I'm in Tucson. Found them. Craigslist Tucson under Motorcycle parts. Just a few blocks north of me too.

Last edited:
Pictures?

I see nothing!
upload_2019-6-27_23-15-8.jpeg

Thanks for the edit there Azman. The caps and locks alone are probably worth $50. Been searching for a decent lock and key for my spare 75 tank for a while. As usual, Ebay thinks they are made of gold.

Thanks for the edit there Azman. The caps and locks alone are probably worth $50. Been searching for a decent lock and key for my spare 75 tank for a while. As usual, Ebay thinks they are made of gold.

On the matter of locks....(and while I am not an expert, I do have some recent experiences) - at least two of our local locksmiths actually stock blank keys that will fit 1970s-80s Yamahas and if you stare at the lock itself, there should be four numbers engraved on it. If you give the locksmith those numbers - they can cut you a key that works perfectly for not much money.

I recently bought RobinCs '78E and the keys had been mislaid. So, I took the gas tank filler cap and the seat lock to a locksmith and for around $30, he cut me two sets of keys that fit and work perfectly. When I got my '76C Standard, one of the keys had a big crack in it and the locksmith made me new ones for $3-4/key (because it was just a copying job).

Anyhow - a lack of keys is simply not that big a barrier to getting a bike going again.

Pete

Back