Gauge repair

Wingedwheel

If it wasn’t broke before, let me try it…
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve tried to source a place to repair this gauge. It need a new Bezel but it has to have a slight “dome” shape as a flat glass hits the top of the needle pivot. Anyone know of a facility that does this? I contacted a few places here and they only do Automotive. 87E3F1DA-8AA0-430C-BFF6-51A6E0D9BB3E.jpeg73D75449-24F7-4532-BE6E-040C6DE5C62F.jpeg0F5D9822-DE50-4DA8-9D3B-3E64D0129755.jpeg

Bit of a long shot as I've just been working at an opticians but I wonder if they would be able to get a lense made. Cheaper option might be a watch or clock repairer?

TwoManyXS1Bs had a thread :​

"Gas Cap Gauge for the early 70-73 Tank" where he shows how he built his own from scratch fuel guage​

He used a 50mm domed pocketwatch crystal. for the replacement bezel
GCFG-BezelCrystal.jpg

Bit of a long shot as I've just been working at an opticians but I wonder if they would be able to get a lense made. Cheaper option might be a watch or clock repairer?
Beat me to it

I’ll look into that. I seem to remember that thread now that you mention it.

Thanks Mikey, I remember some of the other things 2M used to do. Guy was amazing. Not that we don’t have members here that aren’t as amazing but if I tried half the stuff I see guys on here do I think my head would blow up!🧠🎩

I just read and learn and know my limits
When you have a question and ask it's like all the professor's show up to help this is the place to be

Back