Make Offer - Gauging the sale of my 83 xs bobber

FastColt

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
90% sure i want to sell my build. I didn't even get to ride it more then a few trips around town. Not sure what to ask for it. IT DOES NOT HAVE A TITLE. I bought it as a project from this asshole in NY who had it reg'd as a 72. Its actually an 83. Im working with National Title Services to get a title but they are apparently run by morons and do not pick up phones or call people back. Im not sure what states require titles, i know maine does not.

Anyhow, im not trying to get rich off of it, just want to make my money back on it. Bike runs and sounds awesome, starts first kick.

Email me any questions or offers TurboG93@aim.com , im sure im leaving a bunch of stuff out. If i cant sell it, ill part it.

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

Connecticut, and im not sure what to ask. Its got at least 1000 bucks worth of TC brothers parts on it.

$1700?! You could get more than that in ca. find another sucker like me (not me, but like me) and you could get $2500 easy...

Nice looking scooter. I would walk away from it for a while, calm down, and then try to secure a title. International Title Service (if that is the company you are using) will not touch a bike with frame mods, or without turn signals (even if the bike was not originally equipped with signals). Have you tried Broadway Title Service, or getatitle.com? I know you are frustrated, but the bike is (imho) too sweet to give up on.

Very clean and tastefully done ride. I would ride that one no problem. Price is relative to the buyers desire and as always timing of the sale.

I would really like to more about your bike. Do you have anything like a spec sheet for it. Particulalry interested in your wheels and tires, i.e. sizes, spoke count.

64 spoke 19 inch front wheel, 42 spoke 16 inch rear wheel. They are are stock Heritage wheels. Sorry FastColt, just had to unload some of my trivial knowledge (which may be subject to correction).

Changed prefix from For Sale to Make Offer. No price = make offer. See Classified Forum Rules.

:cheers: good luck with the sale.

Id like to see 3000 for it. I think that's a more then fair price for a fully complete build with this quality of parts.

You did it, see it wasn't that hard to name a price. Not a bad price, tough market out there. But Craigslist is free to run an ad, see what happens. 3K or mabe 3,5K with a title, no title, not so much.
Last bikes I got I mailed the PO a "replace a title" kit with addressed stamped envelopes, DMV forms all filled out and a check in the proper amount made out to DMV for the replacement. I see this morning DMV has cashed the check, WOO HOO!

Last edited:
Without a title its just a parts bike. I would have left it alone until I had a title in my name. I had the same problem with mine it sat in my garage for 4 months before i had a title, did not even touch a bolt till then.

Gotta agree with GGGG... The no tittle deal kills your resale. If you gotta get rid of it To make any real money your going to have to part it out. Still gonna be hard to make 3000 out of it people can build one for cheaper than that. Have you tried to get a bonded title? I would check to see if you can get and what the steps are in your state. If you can its about 100-200 total cost. Call or drop by the regional dvm office in your area they should be able to tell you what to do. If you get a title I would say you could quick sale for 2500 or hold out for 3000.:wtf::thumbsup:

In GA you don't need a title for an 83. Maybe a lot of southern states are like that. Try posting CL ads in stats where a title is not required.

Back