Get Ready to RAGE - It's the Fong Bros

fongbros

XS650 Ignoramus
Reaction score
Earth - more specific would be Baltimore, Maryland
Ooooooooh SNAP! Those jerks! Those no good idiots won't stop destroying precious xs650's. How many times can they use that same stupid yellow headlight, annoying acute triangulated frame, death defying lack of a rear fender, totally stupid upside down handlebar combination and other parts each exponentially reducing the rideability? Oh no, that looks like an xs1 front hub! Those are kind of rare and they drilled a hole in it to add a strut bar. I think Raiders of the Lost ArK was originally about an xs1 drum. Oh, and what kind of nit wits would use 18 inch wheels front and back? People at the Yamaha factory are currently staging an uprising much like the ones in Egypt and Libya. I think I'm going to puke! The forks are 3 inches lower. Those will surely bottom out on a cigarette butt and all that rain spay from the back tire is going to make someone's neck wet. Useless, totally useless! Let's not even talk about these pictures. What are they, taken with a phone camera? Oh well, on the plus side, my stocker is worth more now that one more goes down under the hand of Fong.

Attachments

• fongb2.jpg
    fongb2.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 982
  • fongb4.jpg
    fongb4.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 1,215
  • fongb1.jpg
    fongb1.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 1,362
  • fongb3.jpg
    fongb3.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 806
I love how you guys are able to retain those metal "slabs" (that the pegs go on) and that metal triangle coming of the downtube and yet still have the frame shaped fairly gracefully. (if you don't mind that word)

When I got my frame back from being hardtailed I considered trying to weld that stuff back in, but didn't do it.

Good stuff!

Dang them dang FONG BROS! I enjoy reading the self slander before the pics, it gives it an old cult movie feeling of a reveal. Nice as always boys!

Posted via Mobile

Why does it seem like a lot of the nice builds use those super shitty quality air pods everyone complains about... Like $9 a pop.

Ya looks fantastic. Its actually the stance I want my bike to have. Same or close size tires, low and long I love it. Hmm Travis maybe I'll just buy the "crap" filters then. I hear they have to be trimmed though for the air holes on the carbs? People just complained about the rubber quality and having to trim. I don't mind trimming but it would suck if they fell off like people have claimed

ugh.. haven't read all of that about the bad rubber quality. I wonder if there are a few manufacturers making the same style. I think all of the ones I've used were Emgo. Depending on the carbs you put them on, you probably will want to trim the inner rubber lip. I've used a them a few times without any problems on a snowmobile, a CX500, and a friends XS650.

ugh.. haven't read all of that about the bad rubber quality. I wonder if there are a few manufacturers making the same style. I think all of the ones I've used were Emgo. Depending on the carbs you put them on, you probably will want to trim the inner rubber lip. I've used a them a few times without any problems on a snowmobile, a CX500, and a friends XS650.

You mean you don't use them on your own xs650? I use them and have had no issues.

Jimmy, I do not.. I had VM34s on there with Uni's that I got from 650central. Hated how they looked so I got XS Performance ones from Mikes, then I got PWKs from Mikes which came with new smaller XS Performance filters. I would run them though if I only had $20 and needed filters.

Oh yeah.. I got one of those cheap ones on my SR500.. works fine. Forgot about that bike.

No I don't.. :eek: I haven't really done anything to it since I started this site! Too busy keeping you guys in line! :laugh: :wink2:

Back