gggGary's Air boxes

MrYeats

MrYeats
Reaction score
Gary sold me these air boxes for my 72/74. Perfect fit!

Attachments

• box 1.JPG
    box 1.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 202
  • box 2.JPG
    box 2.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 204
  • bob 1.jpg
    bob 1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 210
  • bob 3.JPG
    bob 3.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 235
  • bob 4.jpg
    bob 4.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 220
  • bob 7.jpg
    bob 7.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 202
With that seat, rear fender, and paint job, does it matter? Thanks for the laugh MrYeats. There's an "Ugly Bike" thread happening now. Maybe you should post there? Fitting, very fitting.

Sorry, I stayed out of your earlier silly VM thread for the most part, but now it's time to call a Spade a Spade - nice airboxes on a butt-ugly bike.

With that seat, rear fender, and paint job, does it matter? Thanks for the laugh MrYeats. There's an "Ugly Bike" thread happening now. Maybe you should post there? Fitting, very fitting.

Sorry, I stayed out of your earlier silly VM thread for the most part, but now it's time to call a Spade a Spade - nice airboxes on a butt-ugly bike.

Seriously 5Twins?.............My personal opinions about the bike aside, why is it a necessity to bait others members. You are one of the most knowledgeable people i know on the XS650, and the information and help you have given to others is immeasurable. When you do this you demean your self

For what it is worth, I am building this bike for MY comfort during a ride. Ugly, she may be but let's take a real look at what she is all about.
The bike is titled as a 72 as the ser#'s indicate. The frame is obviously a 74 as evidenced by the rear footpeg tube.
The engine is now out of the bike and hanging in my garage so as to install a starter, carbs, new oil, sump, and filter as well as adjusting the valves before it goes back into the frame.
Now as for the rear wheel. It is a 16" off an xs400 that was sent to Buchanans to get the custom 8ga stainless spokes made. The shocks are off a Suzuki 800 Intruder and are 10.5", Lowering the rear 2". The seat is a Sportster seat, The tank is 81 xs400, the handlebars are motocross bars 36" wide.
Ugly to you, yes, and I concur, but I didn't build it for you or anyone else. When I climb into the saddle and put my arms out to grasp the throttle, It suits me like a tailor made suit.
Just the kind of paint job that I happen to like, obviously, as I have spent many hours getting this way.
I have been on this forum long enough to know that all kinds of mud will be slung and I have come to expect it and now relish the thought that it is drawing so much attention.
Where I come from it is each to his own and art is and always will be, totally subjective.
Anyways, the whole point of my post is directed to gggGary for the excellent deal on the excellent airboxes...Thanks!

Mr Yeat, if you need the light tower for between the gauges contact gggGary again. He left Illinois with one a few weeks ago. Maybe he has or hasn't used it?

Back