Ghetto brat build...

I got the exhaust back and shot it with high heat header paint and popped it on to check it out..
It will be wrapped with header wrap..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-60.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-59.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-58.jpg

I'm gonna get it up and runnin,then I can ride it to work and cut 2" off the kickstand and center stand..

I am gonna remove the center stand and fabricate it into a stand alone unit where I can just slip it under the bike when I need to and raise it up if needed..

Then I think I'm gonna cut the upper rear frame loop off in the rear and weld the one off of the frame from my hardtail project so that it will extend it back about 1 1/2 inches. Then I'm gonna fabricate a seat-pan to fit,cut foam and try to put a cool cover on it.... Then pull the rear fender off and move the front mounts on it so that the fender will follow the radius of the rear tire..

Still got to mount the Sparto tail light and license mount on there also..

Lots of stuff left to do to make it what I want....

OK I got more done..
I went to the shop this morn and extended the rear brake linkage and the rear brake stay rod..
I had to lengthened them the same amount that I did the swingarm..
You can see in the pic..

#1 illustrates the brake linkage rod that runs from the brake pedal.. I made it 3" longer buy adding a piece of cold roll to it. If you look close in the green box this is where I did it at..
Then on the brake stay rod #2 look between the X's and that is where I added the 3"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-71.jpg

I also re-soda blasted the carbs and re-jetted them went from a 132.5 to a 140.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-69.jpg

Then I pulled the valve covers and point covers off,polished up the other set I had and popped them on..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-68.jpg

On went the carb's and filters..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-67.jpg

OK here is kinda what it will look like for now. I still gotta fab different brackets to hold the side covers level until I delete them.

I still gotta move the brackets on the rear fender to make it follow the radius of the rear tire and install the new shocks when they get here also remove the rear grab rail ,install the sparto tail light , delete allot of wires,fab a seat pan and allot of other stuff. But this is kinda the look I was goin for buds...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-74.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-75.jpg

Heres what it looks like with the jumbo stock seat. I'm gonna run it for a bit the start the work on the rear frame loop this spring..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-80.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-78.jpg

OK..Update
I scored the seat cover from a early 70's XS so I'm gonna get on fabb'n me a super lo-pro seat pan for it.
Also got me a new old small headlight and these baby's!!!!!

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg

I scored them for $46.00 off eBay brand new!!!!!!!! These age about $200.00+ dollars retail new...SWEET

That's how she looks as of now ,Like I said earlier I will finish this bike up in April or so. I'll get back to this thread with updates then..

I have decided not to do the fab work on the upper frame hoop.I want to be able to bolt the stock items back on this bike .. Just so it can always be put back to stock form..

Last edited:
dark and slimmed down..diggin it Kayle. Gonna be good to roll with the lil woman instead of hearing "when you coming home?" LOL Good stuff man!

Nice build there good luck!.May I ask you what set up you used for soda blasting? I want to clean my engine like you did and some other bits and pieces.What blaster model did you use and with what size air compressor?

Back