girder front end

jeepguy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
was throwing the idea around of using a girder front end in the future wondering if anyone knows of one that is affordable or if anyone has built one. Hugh i thought i saw you say you were going to build one??

Yea, I built one. PM me and I'll send you some pics back. Or you can check out my build thread. Newbie from Tucson.

Last 2 swap meets I went to I seen one at both. One was 400 the other was 500. Don't know if that going price tho.

Posted via Mobile

I need to see some examples of this. I can't find anything anywhere.......

I love the look of those old girds.

Tony Foale built a superbike girder. Best girder ever. A Hossack can look similar to a girder but is much different and more advanced. McCraken and others suspended the steering head, Hossack like, which I find intersting also. If anyone is fabricating chassis or suspension and they don't own a copy of Tony Foale's landmark book (I have a 1984 printing) The fabricator/designer isn't taking his craft seriously enough. Fun read for non engineering types too. Buy Tony's book and join the chassis list to be exposed to motorcycle brainiacs from around the world.

Tom Graham

Back