God what a change

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
Drove down from New Jersey yesterday and left with sweat shirt and hoodie and by the time I got to Virginia I was stripping . Went from the 40's to 75 quick. Wish I could live down this way all year I had it with the snow and cold HAHA. Was a nice 10 hour ride and just took my time and this would be a great bike ride. Now this week after I build a shed for my son its time to hunt for XS650 parts in Wilmington NC. While I am here lets see what here. Super nice town:thumbsup:

Check out the downtown Wilmington area if you get a chance. Very historic and beautiful. Night life is great down there. Lots of small bars and restaurants. All within walking distance. Fun on the weekends. Carolina Beach boardwalk is lots of fun too!

Yep I got to build a shed/chicken coop/dog house this week and then I can pillage the country side for XS650 and Sportster parts. Last time I was here I scored a bike. Have to go back to this old mans house he had some Mopars in his back yard that I tried to buy before and he said no. HAHA 69 440 with 727 trans in a beat up body.
People don't throw nothing away down here I LOVE it.
Plus the 4x4 down here are sick.

A perfect set up for melting a few sets of tires....

If you haven't been and you have older mechanics the aquarium at Ft. Fisher is really cool. Highly recommended even for adults. The ferry ride is nice too. And free if I remember right. (the ferry)

I'll leave you to your visit. Enjoy!!

Last time here we went to see the navy ship that was cool. Me I like to chill and sit and hear some good music. There's a bar around the corner off of Navaho trail was there last night cool place. What are you riding stocker or chopper? Last time I was here there was a nice XS650 downtown parked and one of the bars has a old Honda always sitting outside. Have to bring some of my bikes down but not until I build a garage here for my son. He gets it all when I am done Bikes / 71 Nova / pro street Vega All my toys

Mines pretty much stock. I tore the engine out last night, it makes some noises I don't like and the compression is low. I'm planning to tear into it this evening. What I find inside will dictate what it ends up being. If I have to split the cases, I may go for a re-phase. We'll see.

I have another engine and some wheels in the shed. I would really like to get a Voodoo frame at some point. Probably a couple years down the road. I've already got 4 bikes in the garage. A bagger Harley, mamas Shadow and another old Honda.

They have a rat rod show here in the fall downtown. There's always a lot of cool old bkes and cars to see. There's usually a few XS 650's and some old CB's and stuff. It's a fun way to spend a day.

Honestly I don't remember the last time I saw a Vega. Not many around anymore. I bet that is really cool.

Got to text me when it happens. I will also be back down here for pinks at the Rock. I think we are going to enter one of the HAYBUSA's I built last year.
Do you want to own a VEGA HAHA It has a 406 motor 4 speed 430 rear tubbed and roll cage. Was tested at track with different motor at 8:50 1/4 mile so it goes straight but I can stand it up with the 406 so you need wheelie bars

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 135
HAHA I couldn't flip the picture. Come on TWO MANY this would look nice in your garage. I only got $18,000 in it New motor /trans/front end/ etc. I just can't take the stiff ride anymore.it was a Drag car that me and my partner made into a pro street car. Plus I got a 71 Nova that's got to be done a 70 Nova that's getting a 406 in it and a 80 Malibu also 406 that's just getting finished up. So this car is just getting moved from storage garage to storage garage. This would look nice with TEXAS TAGS HAHA :D

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 123
Cracking the 9 second barrier in a hotrod Vega is pretty serious stuff. Custom shop in Wichita (Kendricks?) ran a glass-bodied 427 Vega back in the early 90's that bested a second slower. I was impressed.

I built mine as a daily driver and cross-country highway cannonballer. With air conditioning!
For less than $5000...

Back