Wanted - Good set of used cases for 75 XS650 for a fair price.

When I bought the bike I noticed the sheet metal tacked on but didn't realize that it had been welded underneath to fix a crack, or whatever happened, from the previous owners. I am going to hopefully get a good set of cases(cheap enough) and go from there.

Attachments

• 20140331_184513.jpg
    20140331_184513.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 111
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 108
  • GetAttachment1.jpg
    GetAttachment1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 128
I really don't understand or see any disqualifying damage . The sheetmetal you see on the outside is the chain/dirt guard tin and belongs there . the damage on the inside of the case as that lies between the shift drum and the case . I can see something getting up in the gears and getting jammed in there ( dipstick and or the oil baffle from the cam chain tunnel) but it's in an area I've rarely if ever seen damage . unless there is a hole through and through I don't see the issue .

~kop

Yea. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Would probably work ok but would look like crap. The sheet metal is a tacked on replacement where a piece of the case broke or was broken on purpose to repair a hole or crack. Underneath that is a weld and from inside the case you see the bottom of the weld.

Ahhh I see (or don't) . I'm a little less cautious in some areas but belt and suspenders in others . In past years i might have called that a chain oiler or indiscriminate rustproofing of random oxidization ...

~kop

Back