Good UJM for TALL friend?

Wizard of Smiles

Retro Rookie Rider
Reaction score
I have a friend that is 6'7 HUGE guy.. tall and lanky. He is interestred about riding but he think he "needs" to get a chopper w/ ape hangers and forward controls or he won't fit. Are there any bikes better then others for very tall people?

looks like he "needs" his own bike with apes and forwards! That is a tall drink of water though. These bikes are pretty small. Im 6 foot even, and long limbs run in the family, so It really paid off playing hoops, but if I wiegh lesss than 230, I look wierd.

I'm 6'4" 200lbs. A little stretch in the seat and running mids. Feels O.K. to me. Although I might look like a circus clown on my bike, not sure:D

The big displacement GPz, the Yammie XS1100, and CB900's always struck me as being a little taller from the pegs to the seat, and a little more reach to the bars. I'm 6'2" and my 650's don't suit my size much, but I love to ride a good 650CC bike. That being said, I also have a Road Star.

A description of what I look like on a bike:

Attachments

• a.baa-Bear-ride-a-motorcycle.jpg
    a.baa-Bear-ride-a-motorcycle.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 151
The big displacement GPz, the Yammie XS1100, and CB900's always struck me as being a little taller from the pegs to the seat, and a little more reach to the bars. I'm 6'2" and my 650's don't suit my size much, but I love to ride a good 650CC bike. That being said, I also have a Road Star.

A description of what I look like on a bike:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

i'm only 6'2, but i find the xs fits better than my dad's shovel, i have a standard seat on a special frame, which seems to have raised the sitting position, as well as modern tires which raise the bike additionally. lower handle bars accommodate longer arms. and it sounds like he's not that heavy, the xs seems more than powerful enough for my 240+lbs. (i do have it bored out to 780cc and 11:1 compression).
the harley looks like a toy under me in comparison.

Back