Got a Free KZ!

bcthomas

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
A good friend is giving up riding for a bit to calm his wife down after her brother just got in a serious wreck. He gave me his 78 KZ650 that has rod knock. I think it's definitely worth fixing as he has replaced all chassis bushings/bearings, rebuild the forks, put zx6r tokicos up front and lots of other little upgrades.

Does anyone know a comparable forum for these bikes or have any personal experience with them they'd like to share?

5Nd5Ga5F83Kb3J33Hfc3eff644be0069219cf.jpg

5Id5G85M53G73M93J6c3e6d0c7cd12cde1900.jpg

KZride.com is pretty good too. It deals with all KZ's. I got a stash of parts for KZ 650s. PM me if you need anything. Maybe I got extras.They are a good lookin ride. On for these days I'll finnish mine..

Had many of those over the years. They couldn't outrun the Suzy GS750 stock back in the day, but stock CB750's and Yammie 750 trips ran scared. Advance the timing 2 degree's, run Champ N2C plugs and Premium fuel for a cheap performance boost, was popular when they first came out in 77. It looks like it still has the original airbox. If the screw on air inlet still has the tube with the holes drilled in it, that sticks into the air filter, cut it off at the point where the funnel shape begins. Helped get a little more air in.

I am quite fond of those machines. I have a KZ650 Myself, ugly as sin, screwed up paint but all the chrome is nice...

Kerker 4-1 and a a set of pod filters, proper rejet, Dyna S ignition and some good rubber on the 18/19 rim combo and that thing is super fun... Much faster and better handling than anything I have seen of that age...

my dad has a kz650 csr. Its a really fun cruising bike, more refined than an xs of the same age on all fronts..

Back