Great ride

DLD1

Mechanical Stuff Nut
Reaction score
City Bike Magazine put on an event today at The Junction, a favorite stop on three of the best cycle roads on the West Coast. Great ride, great event. Look on Google Maps for The Junction, Livermore, CA, and check out the three roads leading to it. Some of the most challenging, and unforgiving, roads. I think I had the only XS650 there, at least I didn't see any more. There were probably over 200 bikes there, so I might have missed one. Great, great ride.

Yes you are, Ernie. I don't see too many twisty roads on that map of your area. Of course, along with the cool part of CA, you get the high cost of living, too damn many people, and all the left wing city dwellers.

DLD1

They were everywhere! All three driveways were lined, many places two deep, bikes were parked out on the roadside, it was nuts, but awesome. You should have been there. It would have been nice to see another XS650 there.

DLD1

They were everywhere! All three driveways were lined, many places two deep, bikes were parked out on the roadside, it was nuts, but awesome. You should have been there. It would have been nice to see another XS650 there.

DLD1

didn't know it was happenin'. We were on the other side of the bay riding Skyline. This pic is at Alice's with my buddy's RD400 tracker. Had my hands full on the twisty's over there (specially since my main ride is a Husky SM). Because I live so near Mount Hamilton I've been on that road a bunch. Have you ridden down the side that ends up in San Jose? Prolly twice as tight as the Junction's side. And where are YOUR pics??

Alices0722122.jpg

I only had my phone, and it's memory was full. I should have taken my camera. Nice looking rides. I have been over Mt Hamilton, but not for some time. I need to do it again. I haven't been over to skyline in quite a while either. I love going down Hwy 9. My wife and I got married on the covered bridge at Felton in 1999. Love that area!

True, a few weeks ago I took a ride up to Yosemite. Within about an hour I have literally hundreds if not thousands of miles of twisty roads avaialble to ride. Anyone not familiar with our area, look on Google Maps of Central CA, and zoom in a little and look at all the twisty roads in the coastal areas and in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. And of course there's my commute, 23 miles, two lane twisty road. Corral Hollow Road from Tracy, CA to Livermore. Here's a map of my commute;

See post below for map

Last edited:
This is their ad from the website. I have a hard time believing this all happened at that venue with 200 bikes in attendance. Did it?

Junction2.png

The event wasn't quite as great as the ad made it sound, and some of the stuff either didn't happen, or happened after I got bored and left. Really the most impressive thing about it all was the pure volume and diversity of motorcycles. A pre-1930 Harley that is going to be ridden from New York to San Franciso soon, some sidecars, Nortons, BSAs, Triumphs, old Japanese bikes of all varieties, a Bimota, Moto Guzzis, BMWs, Harleys, Zero Electric motorcycles (creepy quiet), Croch Rockets of all kinds, a two stroke twin with a swing arm front suspension that I didn't recognize, Victories, Can Am Spyders, etc., etc., etc. Eye candy supreme!

You either take a camre next time or I'll have you banned for life from this site!!:D
or you could take a camera

Last edited:
Pregrid, can you post more pictures, info on that RD it looks superb.

Almost makes me want to start smoking again.

These are the only other two that I have. Don't have any more info other than it's a stock frame and the castor oil he runs in that thing smells just glorious!!

Alices0722122001.jpg

Alices0722122002.jpg

Back