Green number plates

I just drive a Hyundai hybrid I can get from central MN to Kanasa city on one tankful of gas and the mlieage is even better in the city
I wanted to trade it in on another like it but the Ionics are EV only now
I'll find another hybrid again
There's just not enough infrastructure to make it practical for me to drive an EV, we'll get there ? but we got a ways to

How many EVs you got skull?
Thinking a Prius prime (plug in hybrid) when we trade the Prius V but it's got a lot less cargo room then the wagon.

Last edited:
I've always thought the green credentials heaped on electric vehicles is a lot of nonsense.
How is the electricity used to charge EVs generated?
How green is the disposal process for batteries.
And, how green is the process for manufacturing EVs.
How green is the process for obtaining the materials to manufacture EVs.

There are plenty more ifs and buts on EVs.
I personally believe they are backing the wrong horse, fuel cell vehicles would be a much better horse to put your money on!

As has already been mentioned, there are plenty of negatives associated with EVs, range, charge times and cost being chief.

Musk has released an electric truck, it looks terrific, but has a 500klm range, christ knows what the charge time would be. I don't think we'll see them on our roads any time soon. Wouldn't they be great going across the Nularbor or up through the centre? It'd take you months to get to your final destination!

Yup, those are the points I was making at post #1. Shame but typical - politicians & media treat the issue as a binary choice, petrol bad, electric good without invoking the need for any facts or any further thought.

I take @Paleomechanic's point about safety though.
A more basic problem, ignoring pros and cons and are they greener or less green, is charging. And not even getting into the poor subzero charge performance we have heard about. I am concerned that those who can afford it least will need massive home wiring and pole connection upgrades. I grew up in a 5 bedroom home with a single phase 30amp fuse box. In my town there are still homes with screw in fuses in single phase 30 or 50 amp boxes. I have a few neighbors up and down my street that live in homes built is the thirties. Are they going to charge their EVs through a 120v/15 amp outlet? Are the transformers hanging on the power pole in my back yard up to powering all 20-25 homes with high current 220v?
Who can do the math? 40 minutes of driving/day equals how much electricity is needed for recharge multiplied by every home on a powerline?

1674009001855.png

Green is green.

Back