Greetings from Miserable England!

jacksdad

lifelong fan
Reaction score
Hi everyone, as the title says, greetings from damp, snowy, rainy England :D
Been really shite weather over here, seems like we've had 18 months of Winter, but today, the snow has melted (for now) and the sun came to visit, so I decided to drag my XS out of hibernation! Its been buried in my shed for many months, under lots of sheets, battery off, just waiting for today. I uncovered my pride an joy, opened the fuel taps, fitted battery.....and after a few kicks on the foot starter to prime it, the starter motor fired it back into life :yikes:
Sounds just fantastic, been using my Triumph Tiger adventure for the last few months, very quick, and great to ride, but just not as 'personal' as my XS!
Roll on summer, I've not took it out on the road as we spray salt everywhere this time of year, not good for my bike!:thumbsup:

Well, it was a nice warm 3 degrees today, the snow has gone....so I went for a ride :wtf:
After about 1 mile my knees froze up, soon after the fingers joined in, even though the sun was shining it was only just above freezing! Anyways, I had a good short spin on my XS, felt great to hear the twin cylinder sound once again, but I must admit it felt good to get back home for a nice cup of English TEA! :thumbsup:

Its been shit weather here for a year now but it doesnt matter what the weathers like for the rest of us in England it'll still be raining in Manchester:D

I am a soccer fan and watch the Premier League as much as I can. Americans on Tottenham, Stoke and others. It amazes me that these games are played in snow at times and rain often. The fans can dress for it but the players are really exposed. My point is I have been watching your weather, from a comfortable distance!

Hi there, I used to watch the local club, Oldham Athletic, never made the Premier but they are currently showing the big boys how to do it in the FA cup early rounds: they are based a few miles from me, and when they play at home, its the fans who suffer, believe me! Its called Ice Station Zebra by the visiting people....its COLD in winter and in what we call Summer as well :laugh:
We don't get real cold weather as seen in some countries, we just get the same old crap all year round! No seasons as such any more, just damp, cold, dull, damp, wet, cold, and damp, all the fooking time it seems! :D
Now hoping that this spring will see a change and that we are going to have a real warm summer :thumbsup:

Hi jacksdad thought Id join in and show a bit of solidarity. I live in Stone which is just far enough away from Stoke to make it decent. Totally agree about the weather when will winter end ! Hopefully April 7th will be dry for the breakfast run at Prees and I can get the old girl fired up again.

Hi JD and welcome back.

Must be something in the weather because I have just unburied my XS from the garage and brought it round to the back garden this morning.

Lovely sunny day down here in the SW .

Looking forward to hearing more about your XS and maybe seeing some pics .:thumbsup:

i we just get the same old crap all year round! No seasons as such any more, just damp, cold, dull, damp, wet, cold, and damp, all the fooking time it seems! :D
:

Come on down to the SW and find somewhere to live down here . :wink2:
Believe me your quality of life is going to change out of all recognition. We have 2x coastlines within 25 miles ,great weather and fantastic living environment.:thumbsup:

I would be off down south tomorrow if it wasn't for Jack! Me and his mum, The Dragon, have joint custody, so I need to stay close by. saying that, there's plenty of good points to life round here, we've got the Lakes just up the road, the Peak Disrict, moorland roads a few miles away......just the crap weather to moan about! :D
And then there's the good old Northerners and our sense of humour, never be beaten!

Back