Greetings from Wisconsin.

Charleygofast

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi all, very nice forum here. I'm a life long motorcycle nut owning several dozen of the little beasts over the past 40 years. My curent stable includes my 81XS650 with Velorex sidecar. Gunmetal gray,Triumph style pipes,K/Ns,low-bars, rearsets,lowered seat Girling shocks, 18"rear wheel, and some unnessary parts removed...owned this since 1999 (50,000 mi.), 1985 Suzuki SP600F...since1990 (30,000 mi. alot off road.), 1984 Yamaha FJ1100..only since Feb2014 (almost 40,000 mi.) love this bike ,put alot of miles on this one this year! We (my 17 year old son and I) have twelve total between us including a 75,RD350, 78 Kawi. 750 twin, 75 Honda 360 cafe, another 84FJ1100 with built 1280 motor,several "projects" and a sweet 75 Husqvarna CR360GP that were currently restoring to ride. I spent many years aboard a 74 Norton that I owned since 1982 and had to sell in 1997 along with 2 other Comandos due to Divorce...ugh. Then in 1999 a musician/bike nut friend sold me the 81XS that I still have and love. I recently sold two other XS650s to fund my FJ addiction...oh well I still have one...and she wont be sold! I will post some pics of her as soon as I figure out how. Cheers! Charley.

Hey, did I mess up my intro post? I'm kind of a computer newbie so if I f-d it up please let me know if I posted wrong.Sorry! Charley.

You did great, welcome aboard. Oops wait we don't allow Wisconsinites on the board. We used to but the FIBs got us banned! :wink2:

Yeah figure out the pic thing, we gotta see em!

How to post pics

Welcome to the site Charleygofast.
The intro is okey dokey, I was just waiting for the pics.
Sorry for sitting on my hands when I should have said HOWDY.

Thanks guys, I thought I didnt post in the right area cuz I couldnt find my intro post...I'll learn. I'm in Lyndon Station WI. Gary, I talked to you earlier this year when I was selling the other 81 and the 80 XSs. They both went to good homes. I'll put up some pics of my 81 tonight. Not the most cherry 81 but a loved and ridden one thats given me 15 years of virtually trouble free enjoyment...thanks again. Cheers! Charley.

Heres the pics...yeah,broken brake lever L.O.L!!! Charley.

Attachments

• xs.jpg
    xs.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 127
  • xs2.jpg
    xs2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 118
Back