Ground from condenser to ?

Machi

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Putting the simplified wiring together on my '75 (points, PMA, no battery). The ground (lead) wire off the condenser should connect to the engine mount? frame?
thanx

there are two wires on the XS condenser pack. one wire to each set of points/coil, the metal body of the condensers is the ground to frame (it's actually two condensers with a common ground, metal body to frame)

Attachments

• 44-2640.PNG
    44-2640.PNG
    88.2 KB · Views: 328
Thanks, Jayel
There was also a ground wire on the piece, with a wide diameter end piece. (Got this whole bike in boxes, etc., Im still tryin got figure out where all these left over parts go!)
Since the condenser is part of the top engine mount, I guess its grounding to both engine and frame.
I have seen mention of the engine-to-frame ground, and problems that it has caused - I wonder if this is it? Where is that ground?

But there usually is a ground wire run from one of the condenser pack mounting screws to the right front engine mount .....

EngineGround.jpg

Thanks 5,
Is that the same as the engine-to-frame ground? Or is that somewhere else?

That part its connected to (red arrow) has been shave off of this bike. What if I ground it to the top mount (orange arrow)?

full

Back