Gsxr front with 650 wheel

Looks awesome....maybe I should have gone with USD shocks.

Yeah baby!!!:bike::thumbsup:

9126399689_b0bd37eabc_b.jpg

Last edited:
72 XS2 with 2007 GSXR 750 forks. The head tube of the earlier frames are short enough to fit the GSXR steering stem of the new forks. We did the swap on a 77 XS and we had to remove 7mm of material off of the lower bearing cup on the frame to get the same forks to fit. All-Balls offers two depths of bearings in their conversion chart. We recommend using the shallower (i believe 12mm) one for more clearance. This picture has the GSXR axle with SK bearings from eBay. Custom machined inner axle spacer between the bearings as well as external hub spacers to center in the fork. Not in the picture, I am using 6x80 BCD rotors off of an FZR1000 or Aprillia Mille with spacers to center them in the radial calipers. Finally it took 5mm spacers to move the calipers out enough to clear the 320mm diameter of the new rotors.

full

Hey guys thers been lots of questions on this swap so what im going to do is just make a video and post it on my youtube giving you folks a rundown on everything i did to make it fit

Yeah baby!!!:bike::thumbsup:

9126399689_b0bd37eabc_b.jpg

how was it to install that fork i have a 79 with a carbon fiber cafe kit on it i just bought it as an almost completed project bike. i think that fork would look kick butt with the carbon fiber cafe kit.

what did it take and what did it cost for the fork

thanks yamahac.jpg

yamahaca.jpg

Attachments

• yamahac.jpg
    yamahac.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 195
  • yamahaca.jpg
    yamahaca.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 194
72 XS2 with 2007 GSXR 750 forks. The head tube of the earlier frames are short enough to fit the GSXR steering stem of the new forks. We did the swap on a 77 XS and we had to remove 7mm of material off of the lower bearing cup on the frame to get the same forks to fit. All-Balls offers two depths of bearings in their conversion chart. We recommend using the shallower (i believe 12mm) one for more clearance. This picture has the GSXR axle with SK bearings from eBay. Custom machined inner axle spacer between the bearings as well as external hub spacers to center in the fork. Not in the picture, I am using 6x80 BCD rotors off of an FZR1000 or Aprillia Mille with spacers to center them in the radial calipers. Finally it took 5mm spacers to move the calipers out enough to clear the 320mm diameter of the new rotors.

full

what did it cost for that fork and rear shocks if i could do that exact swap it would look kick ass on my 79 carbon fiber cafe. was it tough to complete. i would want the original wire wheel and maybe keep the chrome fender look or get a carbon fiber fender

thanks for the info.
i may have to tear down my engine and put gaskets on it so if i have to do that i may just go for the upgrade and go for an all in customize

yamahac.jpg

yamahaca.jpg

Thanks Yamawarrior!

Check outmy thread:http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30130

Still got to work on the brakes and disc, but so far so good! I want to use the YZF's calipers, so more fabrication would be needed. Cost me £100 to get the tree sorted, and bearings were cheap and easy to source. Just make sure you do the spacers before getting dust seals! I will post measurements of the spacers soon.

Back