GSXR Inverted USD fork adaptor hub - for those wishing to use USDs on their bikes.

Jeeter

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
NOTE: I am in no way connected or affiliated with CognitoMoto, either personally or professionally. Bonzai !! :bike:

Very cool item I found in my travels. This place called CognitoMoto offers up conversion hubs that permit the use of several inverted front ends on our bikes (see link at the bottom of this post). The idea is that these hubs allow the use of all of the donor bike's stuff such as disks, calipers, forks, triple clamps, axle, and so on. These hubs are (obviously) spoke wheel hubs that accept the stock donor's disks and stock spacers so that all you need to do is have whatever type of rim laced up to these adaptor hubs. This actually does a really good job of keeping the USD conversion done on the cheap. Everything except the adaptor hubs can be had on eBay as used parts. The hubs cover a very full model year range of Suzuki and Honda USD forks so you have a few options when it comes to selecting a donor front end.

Wonderful idea, it really is. I'm pretty surprised that no one has taken to doing this sooner. The "café/bobber" DIY craze has been going on long enough, and there have been boatloads of well equipped, experienced journeyman machinists that used to make "that one little part" for the Space Shuttle looking for work since the economy tanked ... you'd think you'd see more "Joker Machine" type stories of journeyman machinists making this precise device. It's a sure thing, I would imagine.

Only thing is, "get used to lookin' at it, man!" .. I'm sure it will assure that we'll see a plethora of those golden forkages on pretty much nearly every custom "café" bike from now on. I suppose there are worse things in this world, y'know? Haahaa. That's funny, I'm funny. :laugh:

In the end it's a good thing, I mean it helps to insure that these inevitable conversions are done with some degree of safety and professionalism. I mean after all, we ALL have to ride with these knuckleheads that superglue and duct tape their bikes together, and we all have to play "look the hell out!" for those types when their ~ahem~ engineering goes to hell on the highway amongst traffic. So I guess anytime we can have something made available to us that makes these "gonna happen whether it's safely done or not" popular modifications easier and more well accomplished we should be happy about it. :)

Anyhow, I found this stuffs, I thought I'd share it here. It may help some members get a previously expensive and difficult task done for them. It used to be that one had to have custom spacers machined to make everything all fit properly. Now it's a matter of bustin' out with the $330 dead prezzies and lacing this hub up! Done ass deal. :thumbsup:

LINK = http://cognitomoto.com/collections/fork-conversion-parts :bike:

They've even got fully laced wheels for the conversion, all ready to go.

Hasta Lasagne, Moto Fo's :)

Back