half helmet

bradshaw106

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
now, that my bike is almost finished i want to purchase a half helmet. i went into the local motorcycle shop to check out a few of their helmets... they were huge! don't get me wrong i want a safe helmet but is their any other options something a little slimmer without 6 inches of foam..??

950615_f260.jpg

=)

JK idk all my helmets are bulky as hell.

Any helmet that is DOT approved is huge. That's how it saves your head. Snell does not approve any half helmets. They do sell "novelty"(impress your friends! you'll be the life of the party!:confused:) half helmets that are not approved, (and thereby are most likely useless), that the powers that be usually let slide. I know a guy that printed his own DOT approved sticker for one. We have no helmet law in NH, but I wear one anyway. I've heard my helmet scrape across the ground, and was glad it wasn't my head.

I've read that 45% of motorcycle head injuries are to the chin...you go over the handlebars and it rips your lower face right off. They don't call them brain buckets for nothing.

The new full face and flip-up helmets with the vents flow tons of air. In fact the wind through my GMax is annoying on the interstate. Full face helmets help with the noise a bit too, and they're a must for riding in the winter.

To each his own though. In a real wreck all of this gear is useless anyway.

Back