Happy St David's Day to all Forum members from Wales - Cymru am byth!

MaxPete

Lucille, Betty, Demi, Gretel & Big Sue money pits.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0238.JPG

Daffodils and unpronounceable place names forever!!

Pete

.....ahhhh, perhaps, but the Welsh are miners and tend to be short and stooped over and so they "prey" on the knees, and anything else they can get their hands on.

The other national symbol for Wales is the Leek. That is a vegetable, not what one takes after too much BEvERage.

bfd5fae2dd4e91b43445cdddfe931756.jpg
Hi Paul,
and the Welsh national animal is the dragon.
There's a fair number of Chinese dock workers in Cardiff and one St David's day they are drinking with their Welsh co-workers
and the conversation gets around to
"Our Chinese Golden Dragon could whip your Red Welsh Dragon in a fight any day"
"Wanna bet?"
So they arrange the fight for Sunday afternoon.
Evans the bookie sends young Dai to take the bets and the Dragons are released on a given signal.
The Dragons fly together, spiralling skyward in a tangle of claws and wings.
Then Evans, peering through his binoculars, says to Dai,
"Give everyone their money back."
"Why's that, then?"
"Because one of them's a girl and they are not actually fighting."

Nice one Fred! I must clear any myths before they start - I live in Cardiff, Wales, but I am really a Kiwi (accent and all) and I still wear Jandals in winter. Even so, Wales is a nice little country to live in and full of fab local accents and nice places to visit.

I actually have a friend who can pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, though he usually only does it after a few beers (I mean BEvERages). Speaking of which, I have been disappointed to find I cannot obtain Brains beer in the United States. Any suggestions for good Welsh beer here in the colonies?

Back