Hard bags

Doug79

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
If one thing makes me nervous about riding, it is being run into from behind because someone didn't see that I was stopped. I wanted to get more lights on the back of the bike without just scabbing something on. I found these new hard shell ABS bags on line for $50.00. They had single element tail lights in the covers. I wanted tail and brake lights so I took their socket out and installed 1157 sockets. they are smaller than the original bags but I can get everything in them I need for day rides and with my T-Bag I will have enough storage for travel. I also had to make sturdy mounting brackets as the ones they provided were very flimsy. Considering I have just over $100.00 in the whole project, I couldn't IMG_1531.JPG IMG_1532.JPG be happier with results

Hi Doug,
Those are very nice! I really like the added visibility it gives you. I know I had those very same concerns when I was commuting to work on my Suzuki. I had to ride through dense city traffic after dark, and going back and forth to work, I needed hauling capacity. I had a rear trunk that had a double row band of LED lights around it, one row was running lights, the other row was brake lights, and also a smaller row up higher that was a flashing brake light.
It wasn't the sexiest thing but you couldn't beat it for hauling capacity and on a dark night it looked like a UFO going down the road! Haha! :laugh2:
image.jpeg

Back