Hard tail springer, rearsets, clip ons and full race fairings??

LiveSlowDieWhenever

probably broke down. Just call me greasy.
Reaction score
2466B705-01C0-4A71-816E-DD836498D4CC.jpeg
This thing is out of control! The included link shows more detail photos. It looks incredibly well executed, and interesting to say the least. Fresh outta Indonesia!

http://fueltank.cc/blog/starken-96-xs650

Wow, Liveslow, there's a lot of little details on that Xs, too many to count...
I'll bet it goes like stink! I didn't see its particular purpose (drag or LSR) in the narrative, but I wasn't looking that deeply into it. My guess, with that tiny rear sprocket, is LSR, hence the fairings... It looks to be a very well executed bike. I had plans to do my '79 as a hardtailed drag bike, and always wondered if anyone had ever done something similar (the combination of a hardtail and rearsets). I'd keep the hydro forks, though, clip-ons, and limit the fairing to a small "bubble" type around a single headlight. But, I still have to (get back to) work on "The Basketcase".... :whistle:

Seriously, the amount of detail and quality of the work is really impressive. I thought the same thing about it being a practical machine for dragging or the like until I noticed those forks. Regardless of the builders intent, to me it’s a true one-off gone right

Back