For Sale - Hardtail 1981

jstraker

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there. So the time has come for me too, and I am selling this bike. It is a 1981. Carbs done by gggary. New paint. New magneto (I know, but I wanted to try it!). New seat. New simple wiring harness. New Brembo front brake conversion and M/C. Everything gone through. Starts easy, runs great, ready to ride. And I should add that I didn't cut the frame up - I got it like this. So two things:
1. I know there are some folks local to me (Vancouver Island) on here, in case there is any interest.
2. I'd like ~$4500 CDN for it, which is around $3500 US. (I've listed a bit higher locally, but would sell for that to this crowd.) But also want to be fair. Am I out to lunch? The magneto itself would cost $1100 today, but I get that that is no one's fault but mine. Anyway, interested in thoughts.
Thanks very much!
Justin
DSC_0042.JPG DSC_0050.JPG DSC_0073.JPG DSC_0080.JPG DSC_0084.JPG DSC_0120.JPG

Last edited:
Those are pretty pictures, but you need to get it under some bright lights and get some detail. On my laptop it's either gorgeous of a well disguised lesser job, if you know what I mean. My thoughts are, it I wanted it from far away, those pictures won't do the job. They'd look great on the calendar. I like your use of color, the brake upgrade, and the mag. It seems reasonable to the right buyer.

Thanks, Marty. And gotcha. I guess I was thinking that anyone that wants to see more detail will come take a look, because I was thinking folks aren't going to travel far for this bike. But I get your point, and appreciate your feedback. Cheers!

Back