has anyone ever shoved a 650cc engine in a XS750 frame?

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Saw a XS750 bare frame for the first time yesterday and it sure does look light years better than the 650 frame. You can certainly see the beginnings of the progression towards monococque frame design .

I was curious to know if anyone had ever tried it and if it looked ridiculous or had some handling improvement.

I know it would be a lot of work as the 750 is shaft driven but I'm sure its no more than the amount of work required to create a hardtail bobber etc

Last edited:
If you are going to go to ALL that work, pick on something a LOT more modern (and chain drive!) IMHO! A big consideration on any frame is clearing the exhaust past the front down tubes. Would be bummer to get the engine mounted then notice the pipes have to go through the down tubes! I did look briefly into wedging an XS engine into a SV650 chassis. but got distracted before stupidity ensued.

i dont think it would matter if it was a shafty, as long as you used the chain drive rear wheel....but ggggary brings up a good point about the down tubes.

I I did look briefly into wedging an XS engine into a SV650 chassis. but got distracted before stupidity ensued.

:D:D:D how can you tell that I am way too idle at the moment ?!:laugh:

once had a TX750 with a XS650 eng yes it did sought of fit but they had to cut the 2 top tubes to clear head nuts which they replaced with gussted angle iron,rode it round the block once then got out the hack saw as that was the only way the eng could be removed if you could get the 650 into the 750 frame you could have the first 650 shaftie

Back