Has anyone wired one of these?

mjamusic

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just obtained this Centech AP-2 fuse block and I'm wondering if anyone owns/has wired one of these? My main question is in relation to the relay vs. constant power outputs...which fuses go to the relay side and which to the constant power side? I want to run 5 fuses: main, headlight, ignition, brake, turns. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 151
Here's what you have to remember about how a multiple fuse block should be wired - the main fuse is the only one fed directly from the battery. It's other end goes to your ignition switch and then a "switched" power feed runs from there back to all the other fuses. Many multiple fuse boxes aren't set up this way. They have one input that feeds all the fuses and you don't (can't) have that. If this box is set up that way then you'll need an in-line main fuse in the line leading to the ignition switch. Then run a "switched" line back to the fuse box input.

That is how I did mine 5-twins. I also provided a ground for every component to a central stud. I learned this from my BSA days.

mjamusic, you need to think about what a relay is and how it works. If you're wiring in an ignition relay, horn relay, etc., it will be the normal-off type; one part of the relay consists of a trigger wire getting power from a switch and a trigger ground. For an ignition relay, for example, the circuit closes when the kill switch is in the "Run" position and opens when it is not.

When the trigger circuit closes, it closes the power circuit. The power circuit gets power directly from the battery and feeds it, in this example, to the ignition.

Wire the trigger circuit hot lead to a switched fuse and the hot terminal of the power circuit to a constant fuse.

In order to tell what's what in your relay, play with a test battery and a continuity tester. Find the two terminals that produce a "click" when hooked up to the test battery and create continuity across the other two terminals. Note that some relays have a "normal on" terminal as well, in which the power circuit is normally closed, and opens when the trigger wire is powered. Your tester will tell you all you need to know. The trigger hot and trigger ground terminals are usually straight across from each other, as are the power in and power out terminals

Last edited:
Back