Headlight off with relay when in neutral

You would just need a normally closed/open when energized effect. Headlight feeds straight through the relay with a wire from the neutral switch light to the relay. This would energize the relay when put into neutral switching the relay from a normally closed (de-energized) to open circuit, killing power to headlight. That relay should work, and I possibly may be corrected but. When the coil of the relay is at rest (not energized), the common terminal (30) and the normally closed terminal (87a) have continuity. When the coil is energized, the common terminal (30) and the normally open terminal (87) have continuity. You energize by send 12v source across 85 and 86.

This http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251369207120?lpid=82 would do the same thing, comes with plug and is a little cheaper to.

Thank you for the replies. Blue the link you sent me clarified my questions and I now have it working correctly. Thanks again for the help! My biggest question was on which post to put the ground. I am running a small battery and wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting juice when trying to start the bike. I have a kick only bike with all LED's except for the headlight. Anyways thanks again.

Question here... so when shifting from 1st to 2nd would there be a small glitch in the headlight from the neutral switch? When passing by neutral is it too "quick" to trigger the relay? Thanks

Good question. I assume you wouldn't notice. It is hard to tell seeing that you wouldn't be able to see te headlight as you ride. My guess it wouldn't happen much at all seeing as it is hard enough to find neutral on these things.

The headlight does go out or blink on and off when shifting from 1st to 2nd and If you put it in neutral at a stop light, it does go off.
This mod is really helpful on the cool 30ish or lower mornings when I Let the bike warm up a bit before heading off to work.
This way my SparkBright Voltage light stays happy and green, instead of red and sad.

Back