heiden tuning 880cc big bore kit

staggers

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey,

Was wondering if anyone has got or tried a Heiden tuning 880cc big bore kit?

I'm thinking of doing something a little different than the usual 750cc big bore.
the 880cc sounds mean on youtube vids :thumbsup:

yeah, it sounds the goods. apparently you have to machine some of the crank case for the 880 to fit. Heiden offer two versions a high comp and low comp kit. I was just going to go with low comp so it's more streetable and easier to kick over haha

check out an 880cc here

I like it. I'd include things to help manage heat on that.

My 750, back in the day, on long hi-speed cross countrys, would try to overheat on hot summer days.

Oil coolers, really clean head/cyls/cases. Avoiding bling and paint that restricts cooling. Good oil.

I agree with Two Many, I'm machining a finned oil cooler to replace the oiler filter cover on the right hand case. The same as you can buy from mikes etc.
Airflow is key if there's going to be a bigger bang

Think you need european 533 rods for that kit, as you are in Australia I should think you would have 447.

I agree with Two Many, I'm machining a finned oil cooler to replace the oiler filter cover on the right hand case. The same as you can buy from mikes etc.
Airflow is key if there's going to be a bigger bang

Those things are probably negligible at best for cooling. A real oil cooler is what's needed.

heiden also offer a high volume oil pump that flows 50% more than stock unit, that and a decent oil cooler should do the trick. need everything I can for cooling in Queensland, Australia haha

Also not really needed. Stock pump flows fine. Dirt trackers of the 70s used the stock pumps with zero issues on hopped up 750 cc mills....for racing. I wouldn't waste the money.

Also not really needed. Stock pump flows fine. Dirt trackers of the 70s used the stock pumps with zero issues on hopped up 750 cc mills....for racing. I wouldn't waste the money.

I wonder about that. With a positive displacement pump twice as much oil is pumped at 7000 than at 3500 RPM and when you're racing the RPM's are always up there. I keep thinking that at cruising RPM it may beneficial to have more flow at the very least to help cooling.

Just throwin' that out there...

Back