Hello all, 1975 cafe-ish build for first time builder!

RegularBrady

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Brady and I currently have a so-so shape '75 that I am planning on running Headlight, Taillight/Plate light, and speedo only. I plan on either removing, or just not hooking up the electric starter. I have very little experience when it comes to building a bike up from the level that I got it in. Before I started ripping everything off, the bike did barely run. I believe that the problem is that the carbs just need to be rebuilt and adjusted for the lovely Colorado altitude. I have already learned a whole lot from this site, but I know I will be needing much more here in the near future. Again, hello to all, and thanks in advance for the help! Also a shout out to all the fellow veterans on the page!

-Brady

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 263
Welcome to the forum, Brady. And a shout back to ya.

That cafe looks to be a good project. I remember that thin air well, was back there in the springs last year. Sponge-up as much as you can in this massive forum, just about everything you need to know is buried in here, so pour thru the 'tech' section, and learn to use the search tools...

Back