Hello and introduction

xspattio

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello Forum peeps.

I am new to your forum. I've owned my 1980 XS650SG since 1991. It was my second bike, after a CB360T. I still have it, but its been mothballed since 1997 when I got my 1995 Triumph Speed Triple.

I've had, and still have, other bikes, but I like to mix things up and I've noticed that a whole new generation of riders have picked up on the XS and a whole new world of aftermarket stuff is available. So I've decided to put it back on the road and enjoy my old bike like its a new bike.

In the early 90s all I wanted in the whole wide world was for my bike to be a 'cafe racer'. I didn't have much to go on except for small pictures in magazines, and typewritten catalogs from small British bike specialty companies, so I did the best I could with spray paint and positive thinking (sound familiar, young people of today?) and imagined in my mind that my XS was a Manx Norton and I was heading for the Ace Cafe.

So here we are today, and there's an internet now, and a hundred eBay sellers of cafe parts and a hundred clubs to be a Rocker. I'm a fat, balding middle aged man so I can't get in on being a 'hipster', but maybe I can have some fun and take my XS a little further to being a 'cafe racer' than I could 20 years ago.

So here I am. Hello to the forum.
-Pattio

hello and welcome...here are pix of my 650 I did as a café, then decided it was not right for me. I have the seat and tank for sale on ebay.IL have since put badges on the tank.
seller catsinthemoon

Attachments

• GEDC0012.jpg
    GEDC0012.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 226
  • GEDC0009.jpg
    GEDC0009.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 208
Welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful people here and lots of good info. I'd be lost without being able to reference this site.

One word of advice, research using the search bars first. Then ask. Some people hate answering the same question over and over.

Post some pics!

I was wondering the same thing, Brassneck. XSpattio, Hello fellow SG owner! Can't wait to see the whole SG you have. Mine was the red color too.

You sharp-eyed gentlemen are correct, the tank and second front disc and caliper are off an XS750. Although the tank is not original to this bike, the original tank was also red (until I rattle bombed it black in 1991).

Welcome aboard, it's always good to see another Masshole here. lol tim

Back