Hello everyone from Ireland

nicmcs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Signed up a few weeks ago,
Can't see any other members on here from Ireland, just the odd one or 2 from the UK.

I've been interested in getting an xs650 for a while now and got a call last weekend about a potential bike, 79 with a hole in 1 piston and garaged 8 years ago and never rebuilt.

It might be a basket case but for 400 euro (like 520 dollars) it sounds good to chop.
Going to see and maybe collect it on Monday of next week.

Apologies for any stupid newbie questions in advance.

Nic

Ps. once i get the bike I'll start a build thread.

Last edited:
welcome aboard!! new dude buys pizza, bike sounds great, sounds like thay ran the timing a little advanced on that one cyl. ask all the questions you want. later

Welcome to the forum, I don't live in Ireland, but have spent some quality time there. I have a long time friend who lives 7 miles to the south of Dublin. I must be Irish, because there were 2 1/2 pages in the Dublin phone book with my last name. Tis great to be Irish !

Good luck with the basket case, it can only get better from there. These guys on this forum can answer any question you throw at them.

Hey Man!
sounds like a good start.
price sounds right too.
Welcome to da site! :cheers:

Thanks dude, ended up getting it for 300 euro's/ 385 dollars.
absolute basket case.

Welcome to the forum, I don't live in Ireland, but have spent some quality time there. I have a long time friend who lives 7 miles to the south of Dublin. I must be Irish, because there were 2 1/2 pages in the Dublin phone book with my last name. Tis great to be Irish !

Good luck with the basket case, it can only get better from there. These guys on this forum can answer any question you throw at them.

Thanks man,
I know I'm going to need allot of help after collecting the bike today.
yeah just south of Dublin is a nice area and wealthy too.
Great nights out and life isn't too bad at times.

Nic

I've never made it to Ireland but would like to visit, and soon. My very distant Sullivan Family relatives were from Cork. I've heard the bicycle/motorbike touring in Ireland is amazing, too.

welcome,
avenue.

Welcome to the site nicmcs. Get some pics up when you can.

Thanks,
I will stick up some pic's tonight as the bike in a friends workshop.

I've never made it to Ireland but would like to visit, and soon. My very distant Sullivan Family relatives were from Cork. I've heard the bicycle/motorbike touring in Ireland is amazing, too.

welcome,
avenue.

Cheers.
Yeah Sullivan or O'Sullivan is a relative commonplace name in cork, I'm in west cork,
Yeah we do have some lovely roads to tour around and great scenery in general.
It's a great place to visit, but can be a little expensive.

Nic

Back